Our program is intended for the working professional or full-time student who is interested in contemporary issues in bioethics. It is valuable to those in or interested in pursuing any profession that intersects with biomedical and health fields. Our students may include:
- Feinberg MD students: individuals looking to earn both degrees simultaneously
- Graduate students: including those in the fields of genetic counseling, biomedical research, law, or journalism
- Individuals in healthcare-related professions: those interested in expanding their understanding of medical humanities and bioethics as they relate to their careers in medicine, research, law, journalism, etc.
- Pre-med applicants: those interested in developing their experience in bioethics and humanities prior to applying to medical school
Find details on the individual courses within our program via our course descriptions page.
We offer different academic tracks to best suit the individual student’s needs. Learn more about program tracks – including admission information and the curriculum schedule – via the information below.
- Single-Degree Program
Learn about our standalone Master of Arts program
- Dual-Degree MD/MA Program
Discover how our program can be taken concurrently with the medical school’s MD program
- Dual-Degree Program with Genetic Counseling
Learn about pursuing our MA alongside the MS in Genetic Counseling
- Dual-Degree Program with Law
With permission from your department, the law school and The Graduate School, students can pursue two degrees concurrently. To learn more about pursuing our MA alongside your current program, including a JD at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, please contact Bryan Morrison.